A television set is an integral part of our home décor. Since its invention, it has revolutionized how we spend our free time. Today, we use the TV not just to watch television programs but also to learn what’s happening around the world, weather forecasts, sports, and much more. However, to get the best signal, you need a TV antenna on the roof. This antenna will read the signal and transfer it to your TV, thanks to which you will get a clear picture.
But, what if you have a metal roof?
A metal roof discourages the transfer of signal by reflecting it away from you. Thus, buildings with a metal roof or many metal components will face difficulty watching TV. Thankfully, there are special indoor antennae, which will circumvent this problem and help you watch TV despite having metal roofs. In this article, we will help you find the best TV antenna and give you our list of the top indoor antenna! Let’s begin!
How to choose a TV antenna for metal roof?
Since they are not the regular kind, you must pay attention to the type of TV antenna you are buying. Even within specialized options, there are a few different kinds for you to pick from. This guide will help you zero in on the one that will work the best.
Find the broadcast towers: Knowing how far the broadcast towers are will help you choose an antenna of suitable strength. Since it is a metal roof, you will not just need a special antenna but also one that has enough power to get the signal from the towers.
Get an amplified antenna: Even though these antennae require a power source, they will give you great strength. The signal reception will also be quicker than before.
Check the installation process: You should look for an antenna that is simple to install and comes with all the required tools such as mounting brackets. This will help you install it quickly without expert assistance. Otherwise, you will spend a lot of time gathering the required tools for a simple process.
Best TV Antenna for Metal Roof
As promised earlier, we are now going to reveal our list of the best TV antenna for a metal roof!
1. Premium BoostWaves Yagi Roof Top TV Antenna
Made completely of steel, the BoostWaves Yagi antenna provides optimized HDTV signal with the utmost ease. It is one of the most affordable and reliable choices out there due to the following reasons:
- The steel construction enables better reception.
- It is a long-range TV antenna with high gain.
- It measures 44 inches.
- The antenna comes with a mounting bracket, but you will have to buy the mounting pole separately if you need it.
- It has a streamlined design that works to give you superior reception, much better than its counterparts.
- The antenna comes with a 2-year warranty.
2. Mohu Sky 60 TV Antenna for Metal Roof
Anything that’s free is enticing, isn’t it? Mohu agrees! That’s why it is offering an antenna that provides you with free HDTV for life! Well, that’s how powerful it claims it is! Here are a few more details that will interest you:
- It reaches 75 miles, giving you access to HD channels without a satellite subscription or even a cable!
- It works on the Clean Peak Filter technology that promises crystal clear HDTV signals by filtering out FM signals and cellular signals.
- You can use a power cube or a USB for this antenna.
- The package comes with a 30-feet long detachable cable.
- The only thing to remember is that the signal or channels you get will completely depend on your location. A number of factors affect the reception, and that’s why, even though the manufacturers offer HDTV channels and more, they cannot guarantee them.
3. GE Pro Attic Mount TV Antenna for Metal Roof
The GE Pro Attic Mount TV Antenna is not just our choice. Even Amazon vouches for it! The compact design and its long-range feature, coupled with its price, truly make it desirable. Keep reading to know more!
- It is a directional antenna that provides free HDTV channels without any satellite or cable.
- It promises both excellent sound quality and picture quality.
- You receive an uncompressed 1080p signal along with UHF and VHF signals.
- It can reach 60 miles to catch the signal!
- You can install it in your attic, and it will still work well. It has a built-in receptor that enhances reception and ensures that the antenna is out of sight!
- The antenna comes with a mounting pole and a mounting bracket along with detailed setup instructions so that you install it with ease.
4. ATSC WennoW 10 Feet HDTV Mobile Antenna
If you are looking for a mobile antenna, this is your best bet. It is affordable and gets the job done! It is also extremely flexible and has multiple features that we shall explore now:
- It comes with a magnet mount that lets you use it just about anywhere! You can install it at home, in the car, the truck, or even the boat!
- It is ideal for portable TVs and works well with standard TVs and HDTVs as well.
- It allows 10dB additional signal gain to give you a crystal clear picture.
- It also boosts VHF and UHF signals.
- The package includes mounting hardware and a 10-inch 75-Ohm RG59 coaxial cable.
Going forward, you don’t have to worry about the TV signal at all, even if you have a metal roof! All you have to do is to choose any of our options based on your requirements, and you are good to go.
You will notice that our selection has high-end antennae and affordable antennae as well. We gave all possible choices on purpose to give you the freedom of choice based on your budget.
If you have any doubts, queries, or suggestions, please feel free to comment, and we will get back in touch.